- Collect cash, check, or charge payment from customer, make change for cash transactions
- Counts money in cash drawer at beginning and end of work shift to ensure money balances with sales
- Records daily transaction amounts from cash register to balance drawer
- Bags merchandise, issues receipts, and redeems promotional coupons
- Review price sheets to note price accuracy and changes on gas, deli, beer, liquor, or tobacco and all sale items
- Records prices and departments in an accurate manner on the register to ensure taxable items and totals are correct
- Stock and clean shelves, and mark prices on items
- Use the register to swipe all identification to sell tobacco, beer, liquor and lottery tickets to ensure of legal age to purchase
- Promote and ensure customer satisfaction on all purchases
- Greet all customers as they enter the store
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional or difficult customers
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service or assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification: Responds well to questions
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities: Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit: Puts success of team above own interests; Support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work on time; Ensures work responsibility are covered when absent; Contacts management according to attendance policy when a situation arises and won’t be able to meet scheduled shift.
- Dependability- Follow instructions, Responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes task on time or notifies appropriate person on an alternate plan
- Initiative- Volunteers readily; ask for and offers help when needed
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend the English language for simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills
- Ability to use cash register, 10-key calculator, count money
- Alcohol Beverage ordinance Card ( by Parish)
- Louisiana Responsible Vendors Permit
- Valid State Identification card or driver’s license
- Copy of Social Security Card
The Relay Station and Outpost Travel Centers are locally owned and operated truck stops/travel centers located throughout Northwest Louisiana. Each location offers easy access, separate islands for fuel and diesel, convenience store, restaurant, hot & cold deli, truckers’ lounge with showers and laundry facilities, plus a fun and friendly video poker casino featuring a full-service bar.
WE’RE ALWAYS OPEN — 24/7/365 — THE FUN NEVER ENDS
With over 5 acres of well-lit, secured parking, whether you’re roarin’ in on your Harley or rollin’ in with your big rig…you’ll love how safe and easy it is to…
“Come as a Stranger…Leave as a Friend!”
Company Website: relaystationla.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)