Pelican Gaming is accepting applications for the following position as VIDEO POKER/SLOT TECHNICIAN in the Northwest Louisiana area. Pelican Gaming is a trusted leader in the gaming industry with locations in Shreveport, Greenwood, Tallulah and Crowley Louisiana. Since 1992, it is our main goal to provide our clients and customers the best experience possible with state of the art machines and customer service. As a Video Poker/Slot Machine Technician you will play an important role in our success. Salary is commensurate with experience.
As a Video Poker/Slot Technician you will be expected to maintain, inspect and repair all slot machines within state regulated laws in the Northwest Louisiana Territory.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Perform Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional or difficult customers
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service or assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification: responds well to questions
- Written Communication- Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork- Balances team and individual responsibilities: Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit: Puts success of team above own interests; Support everyone's efforts to succeed
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and equipment properly
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work on time; ensures work responsibility are covered with when absent; contacts management according to attendance policy when a situation arises and won't be able to meet scheduled shift
- Dependability- Follow instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person on an alternate plan
- Initiative- Volunteers readily; ask for and offers help when needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills- ability to read and comprehend the English language for simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization
- Mathematical skills- ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Reasoning Ability- ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk to hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
It is the responsibility of the VIDEO POKER/SLOT TECHNICIAN to obtain valid state and parish certifications and/or licenses. While obtaining the license the VIDEO POKER/SLOT TECHNICIAN must have the license on them while on duty and presented to management or state officials when asked.
MUST MAINTAIN THE FOLLOWING
- Gaming certificate and gaming licenses required by Pelican Gaming
- Valid state identification card or drivers license
- Copy of social security card
- 3+ Years in the Slot Machine/Video Poker Technician field is required
The Relay Station and Outpost Travel Centers are locally owned and operated truck stops/travel centers located throughout Northwest Louisiana. Each location offers easy access, separate islands for fuel and diesel, convenience store, restaurant, hot & cold deli, truckers’ lounge with showers and laundry facilities, plus a fun and friendly video poker casino featuring a full-service bar.
WE’RE ALWAYS OPEN — 24/7/365 — THE FUN NEVER ENDS
With over 5 acres of well-lit, secured parking, whether you’re roarin’ in on your Harley or rollin’ in with your big rig…you’ll love how safe and easy it is to…
“Come as a Stranger…Leave as a Friend!”
Company Website: relaystationla.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)